Racing drones, the newest rage in games, is mostly built, and not bought. Winning is strictly personal with racing drones and each racer would like to build his drones with his own chosen specifications. The custom-building of the drones allows them to modify their aircraft as they want when they want. Geprc GEP130X is a carbon fiber X-shape frame kit is easy to assemble racing drone frame. Winning a race with your favorite drone might be priceless, and to have THAT you will need to pay less as well. That price is sure not in the high range. Geprc GE130X is one of the cheaper frame kits for the racing quadcopter. It is shaped ‘X’ for convenience.
Features of Geprc GEP130X frame
- The GEP130X framework is done in high strength carbon fiber board that ensures it strength and enables it to carry all the weight on it.
- The frame is done is such a way to allow smooth adjustment of the lens and have a maximum view at an angle of 45 degrees.
- The X-shaped frame is flexible and not rigid.
- The framework is made small to allow the smaller windward area to allow wind resistance.
- GEP130X frame is light weighted. It weighs only 37 g with all the fixed parts.
- The frame has flexibility with the battery position. It can be fixed at the top of the frame or could be set it on the underside of the frame. It is up to the racer to have it in any way he pleases.
- The upper part of the frame is provided with a hole where you can fix the video transmitter part.
- The power distribution board with BEC- battery eliminator circuit, can have a maximum output of 5/12v with 3A and 2A.
- The aluminum column is string at a thickness of 25mm and is also non-slip.
- GEP130X comes with an XT60 cable as well.
GEP130X frame –dimensions
This GEP130X frame from Geprc is measuring 130mm in length for the wheelbase. The total height is 110mm and a width of 25mm. The main board area is 2.5mm and top board is 1.5 mm in thickness. The top and bottom parts of these racing drones are connected by the aluminum column that has strong.
- GEP130X frame can accommodate a flight controller of F3 or CC3D or Naze32.
- The motor specifications could be 1104, 1306 or 1806. 1104 is brushless motor suitable for these kinds of smaller frames. Motor 1306 is among the professional series and motor 1806 is a high-end item. You need 4 of the same model to have the drone ready.
- The ESC for this racing drone can have a maximum of 20A power and you need 4 each for the propellers.
- Choose the propeller with a width of 3 inches.
- The radio transmitter could have 5-6 channels.
- The battery would ideally be 3S 700mAh to 4S 650mAh.
What is in the package?
The Geprc GEP130X frame comes with an X-shaped framework that also has the camera mounts; XT60 connector cable with 90mm leads; 1 PDB board with a power of 5V/12V3A; a Velcro strap to secure the battery and an instruction manual that explains how you need to connect the parts. All the screws and joining are provided for the framework.
And the customers say that…
Customers who have built their own drones with this frame are happy with a few concerns. The overall verdict is that this works great for a small drone with the basic requirements in a drone. The major concerns have been,
- Problem with fixing the VTX
- Mounting small camera in the given space on the frame
Other than these, it has been a clean work with no major issues. A player could really play around with the fixes and later with the quadcopter.
Geprc GEP130X makes a small racing drone that quite matches your requirement. The light weight allows you to have a bit heavier gear on it that does not compromise on the speed. The framework is quite sturdy and would not easily break in. play with your components and enjoy a good time with it.