Racing drones have been the latest time pass for many dudes. It not only makes the racing real but also helps them have a better control over the drone which can later help them otherwise. Unlike the drone control for taking pictures, the control for racing has to be highly accurate and better. Even the drones are faster moving than the ordinary drones. The Walkera Rodeo 150 is a racing drone that can move fast, controlled by radio and has many channels to have better movement, control, and transmission. This is a small quadcopter, light weighted with an HD camera attached for the view. Whether you are taking pictures or racing, a camera makes an essential part of the drone.
Prominent Features Of Walkera Rodeo 150 Racing Drone
Walkera Rodeo 150 is an advanced level racing drone. It moves fast so the pilot should have a better flight control before starting with this.
- Weight: The first and foremost requirement for a racing drone is that it should be very light in weight. The extra weight of any kind can come in the way of its speed. Rodeo 150 is light in weight with a compact design to enable better speed and movements. It has a weight of just 210 grams. It is made to move fast.
- Design: Rodeo 150 has an enclosed modular design for its stability. The drone has 4 propellers, 2 antennas, LED lights and an HD camera. The interior of the device is designed with sophisticated components that helps prevent the crash impact and can have better signal.
- Working: The drone works on battery power generated by the lithium battery. the battery has a power of 7.4mAh. The battery for the drone is included in the package. The battery can work for 8 minutes continuous and takes about 2 hours for recharging.
- Camera: The distance it can travel is 800 meters and can fly for 8 minutes at a time. It is controlled by the DEVO 7-transmitter. Its camera is 600 VTL with an angle of 110 degree which is pretty wide.
- LED lights: The most prominent feature of Rodeo 150 drone is that it has 2 LED lights at the bottom part. These can provide light in case the flight loses its orientation.
- FPV compatible: The drone has an in-built FPV facility that is useful for flight transmission as well as for video transmission. This requires you to wear VR glasses. There is this monitor provided in the package that can have 5.8Ghz monitor for viewing.
- Where: The drone is better suitable for outdoor racing but the compact design enables it to use indoors as well.
- Uses: This dual purpose, racing drone is useful for racing and also in taking pictures or videos. The transmission rate for this device is fast with zero delay. It has as many as 40 channels for the transmission that allows uninterrupted transmission.
- Colors: The Rodeo 150 racing drone is available in 2 colors. It is either completely white or in a combination of black and golden. The black body will have 2 strips of gold at the head region.
- Controller: The controller enables the flight to have backward or forward movements, move to the left or right, up or down, and even sideward turn as needed. The controller is available in 2 modes. The mode 2 is for the left hand throttle for control that is pre-determined. Choose the one that you need while purchasing. The transmitter device works on battery power. It needs 8 AA batteries with a power 1.5V each.
The dimensions of the Walkera Rodeo 150 racing drone are 3 x 5 x 6 inches in length, width, and height.
Walkera Rodeo 150 Rodeo 150 packages
Rodeo 150 racing drone is available in 2 types of packages. One with an entire set with some extra blades and batteries. The other one is the basic drone, controller and the Walkera Goggle 4 as the VR screen.
Basic package: The usual basic package of the Walkera Rodeo 150 inclides,
- 1 x Walkera Rodeo 150 racing drone
- 1x DEVO 7 transmitter
- 1 x 5.8GHz monitor
- One user manual
- 1 CD
- 1x 7.4V 850 Mah lithium battery
- 1 charger
The extras added here are the 2 lithium batteries and 2 sets of blades, in addition to the one that is included with the drone. The drone colors are available as black or Pearly white.
Rodeo 150 with Goggle 4
This has all the basic requirements for the racing drone with the additional feature being the Goggle 4 instead of any extra accessories. The package includes,
- 1x Walkera Rodeo 150 racing drone in black or white color
- 1 x Goggle 4 VR glasses
- 2 extra lithium batteries are also included in the package.
- 1 x DEVO 7 radio controller
- A user manual
- One CD
- 1 charger
- 1 lithium battery with a power of 7.4V 850 Mah.
The basic difference between these packages is that the former has the monitor while the latter enables a precise and personal viewing with the VR glasses.
About Goggle 4 VR Glasses
Goggle 4 is a personalized LCD screen like structure that can be worn as regular glasses. It has a built in LCD screen of 5 inches. Google 4 VR works on lithium battery and can operate for 120 minutes at a time. It is light weighted and made to fit for all with adjustable strap.
The Goggle 4 is compatible to use with all kinds of standard signal for video viewing. It enables the person to view the frames from the drone camera and have a lifetime experience with the flight or racing.
The Goggle 4 has got 5 different bands for the signal with as many as 40 frequency channels for better accuracy. The Goggle has also got its antenna for the reception and transmission of signals. The power cable and the charger for the glasses are also included with it.
With the Rodeo 150, the controller DEVO 7 transmitter is connected to both the drone as well as with this Goggle 4.
Walkera Rodeo 150 is an advanced intermediate racer friendly. It is just above the beginner. Because of its light weight and compact design this is less dangerous than many other racing drones, including that of the Walkera models. The only problem is its flight time that is very low at 8 minutes, if only it had a better flight time, this could have been the best option for a racing drone.